GEM’S experience and diligent work force guarantee Attorneys and individuals alike the most cost effective and timeous processes in obtaining rates, water and electrical clearance certificates. We guarantee our turnaround times and support individuals in securing their outstanding credits and refunds. There is no debate. We are the professionals when it comes to finalising all processes, with regards to the services offered below.
Buyer of the Property
As a buyer of a property it is important that the following is carried out during or after the sale of your property to avoid irritation and costs at a later stage:
- Have your rates clearance certificate obtained before you transfer the property to your name, which ensures you are not going to pay the sellers outstanding account and guarantees a faster transfer into your name.
- Have your electricity clearance certificate obtained before the transfer to your name, which guarantees you are not paying the sellers outstanding account.
- Have your electricity and rates legal entity transferred to your name, to ensure you don’t get a large account laced with huge interest charges, which is usually the case.
Sellers of a Property
As a seller of a property it is important that the following is carried out during or after the sale of your property to avoid irritation and costs at a later stage:
- Have your original electricity deposit refunded to you.
- Have your electricity and rates advances refunded to you.
- Have your advance levy refunded to you, if applicable.
- Have your rates and electricity accounts transferred out of your name and into the buyer’s name, so you have no surprises, in having to pay the buyers new account usage and costs related.
If you are a property buyer or seller.
Ensure that your attorney makes use of the professionals at GEM.